EVS for ALL
Working Towards a Brighter Future
“EVS for all” is a 30 month long strategic EVS project that lasted from May 2018 – September 2020, project consisted of 2 long term EVS volunteering that each lasted for 1 year and included 2 young persons with fewer opportunities from partner organization countries.
Project was coordinated and initiated by experienced EVS organization from Croatia – Outward Bound Croatia, implemented in partnership with 4 partners – PECO from Italy, SFERA Macedonia from FYROM, Almenaras Youth association from Spain and EUROPOS SAVANORIU TARNYBOS ASOCIACIJA SALTES from Lithuania, SFERA and PECO were sending organizations for volunteers that did their EVS from May 2018 – May 2019 and Almenaras youth association and EUROPOS SAVANORIU TARNYBOS ASOCIACIJA SALTES for volunteers that did their EVS from May 2019 – May 2020.
Also associated partners from 3 more countries were included in the project that were involved in the complementary activities: Pekarna Magdalenske mreže Maribor from Slovenia, Lahden kaupunki Lahti city from Finland and Yerevan Brusov State University of Languages and Social Sciences from Armenia.
Project´s objectives that we achieved through implemented activities were: to raise knowledge and consciousness about EVS and volunteering in general, raise consciousness about the value and importance of it and raise knowledge about certificates of competences gained through volunteering, in Croatia and in countries of partners as well as wider on international level through dissemination activities.
7 partners from different countries that implement EVS projects in different fields and different sectors contributed to the intercultural dimension of the project, diversity and relevance of project.
Aims of the project were achieved through following complementary activities:
1) Workshops for youngsters in Croatia about EVS, volunteering and certificates gained through volunteering (on workshops for youth about EVS and volunteering we included 194 youth in Croatia)
2) Workshops for representatives of different sectors about EVS and volunteering (we included 225 persons in these workshops)
3) 3 job shadowings in 3 different countries visiting EVS projects in different sectors - Yerevan University - educational institution (held from 27 February –
3 March 2018), Almenaras from Spain – they organize EVS at Home for elderly in Malaga (held from 21 – 27 April 2020) and Lahti city - public administration sector, Finland (held from 16 – 21 October 2018) - 2 persons from Outward Bound Croatia involved in EVS projects for 5 days shadowed each project and all its’ aspects and later shared experiences with participants of workshops for representatives of different sectors about EVS but also on workshops for youth
4) Seminar for representatives from partner organizations and associated partners that took place from 26 – 30 November 2018 in the 1st year of project, where participants exchanged experiences and practices, developed new projects and created new partnerships.
5) Closing conference of the project – took place in Croatia on 16 July 2020, where the results of the project were presented and disseminated, coordinators of the project, 1 long term EVS volunteer and representatives from local NGOs involved in the project, were the speakers, on the conference, there was also a panel discussion, 30 persons participated the conference (interested young people, individuals, representatives of partner organizations, other NGOs and institutions.
4 volunteers from 4 countries involved in the 2 long term EVS volunteering during the project, all with fewer opportunities (unemployed and NEET) were involved in all aspects and activities of this project, developed their personal project, they gained valuable key competences and skills, got empowered and enriched with range of competences and skills, planning their future steps in life (they found jobs after their EVS, moved to a new country, continued their high education, so the project definitely impacted them positively.)
Publication presenting results of the project was presented on the conference and published online, promoted by OBC and partners and is available on relevant platforms (VALOR and SALTO-YOUTH portal). Project´s web-page was used as a tool for networking, informing interested persons, recruiting volunteers, sharing useful educational materials, also after the project it serves as a longterm channel in achieving goals of the project.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.
This communication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Outward Bound Croatia
We are Outward Bound Croatia, a non-profit educational organisation.
We take you into the nature and create adventures, invoke experiences and make you learn in unique, effective and entertaining way.
Our goals are to unlock your own capabilities and to encourage you to positive changes in your surroundings.